MCEC has published its latest newsletter which includes its reaction to the federal government’s decision to withdraw its funding support for a new St. Boniface beef plant. MCEC remains committed to the project alongside a major private bank and has renewed discussions with other potential investors.
Plant management will be meeting with Manitoba producers this fall to discuss plans for the plant and their expectations of producers who want to market their animals there.
Other stories in this edition include:
- What others are saying about the project
- The strong case for toll processing in Manitoba
- What’s next for the Marion Street plant
- Producers face another ‘lost decade’ without a plant
- Meet the plant management
- Centreport and Manitoba agri-business
- Conditional funding announced for Plains Processors and Country Meat & Sausage